Friday, October 19, 2007

Dream the Shame Away

I was taking a bath in this rustic hotel in the middle of the woods and however hard I tried, the door would not remain locked. Strangers kept walking in and I became self-conscious and ashamed - that "naked in front of a crowd" kind of feeling - Two overtly sleezy men were the next of my unwelcomed guests, and one hissed his sexual appetite at my exposed form... I felt even more ashamed and tried to cover my unprotected flesh from his slithering requests....Suddenly the room began to flood and I was washed away into the heavily wooded area outside my unlockable room. I ran, and I realized my bare feet could no longer feel the prickly earth beneath them and I was left with only empty air to push off of. Still I tried to move, struggling to run from something unknown and yet simultaneously and desperately searching for something or someone I felt I had lost... over large patches of moss and branches, away from the now obvious peril of a large snake swishing rapidly under my airborn stride, upon the ground with which I'd lost touch...

There is something amazing that I know I have taken from my less than ideal choices and experiences, my ability to empathize and my firm, indignant refusal to ever judge a soul, because who am I to do so? Who is anybody to do so?

The world is full of judgment and criticism...I pray never to be what I've always feared.










2 comments:

sarah elizabeth said...

3/25/05

Throw agenda out the window/ and caution to the wind/ this is the kind of world I am living in/ peace with myself/ even when times are rough/ when the going gets tough/ is what i must remain/ rain or shine/ all the time/ is of the essence/ time is in my presence/ and whatever presents itself in this time i am in/ than I will go from here and now/ because then is then.

I feared FEAR then. I fear no fear now. My love will prevail. I am me ;)

--sw

Joanna said...

Brilliant. You are brilliant and your thoughts and comments and words bring me to the best kind of tears. ...I feared FEAR then, I fear no fear now...thank you ;)